The strategic move for operators to secure the future
- The approved official version of the joyn Blackbird PDD is now available. Download it here!
- Rich Communication Services Can Unlock The Value Of Systems Of Engagement.
- The three Spanish operators launch the first joyn embedded phones.
- Germany has become the first market to launch a joyn iOS app
- SK Telecom’s joyn-branded RCS offering quickly draws 1M users.
- joyn comes of age at Mobile World Congress.
- Enhancing the mobile experience for customers: Zain to pilot ‘joyn’ platform.
- Deutsche Telekom launches joyn Messaging Service.
- MetroPCS and Jibe Mobile to Open Rich Communications Services to All North American Wireless Subscribers.
- Find out who the joyn Innovation Challenge Winners are!
Bring the power of Rich Communications to your consumers
RCS (Rich Communication Services) is changing the way people communicate. It delivers an experience beyond voice and SMS by providing them with instant messaging or chat, live video and file sharing across any device, on any network, with all the enabled contacts in their address book. RCS taps into how your consumers are already sharing their daily experiences with each other.
Don’t lose out to OTT – stay competitive and innovate with APIs
Your consumers are hungry for access to the entertainment and interaction offered by RCS-based apps. Agile and innovative, Over The Top (OTT) providers are exploiting the massive penetration of Smartphones by developing appealing rich communication apps available at little or no cost to the consumer.
Research conducted by one operator discovered a direct link between the penetration rate of cross-platform messaging services and the reduction of outgoing SMS traffic. Without RCS, the decline of voice messaging is likely to be next, as consumers increasingly engage with alternative IP based voice solutions.
Once consumers start using an OTT app service, that offering becomes, for them, the lead brand for communications services. Operators remain more competitive by responding more rapidly to consumers’ expectations and behaviour, and by using RCS to enhance the value of their network and bring richer calls to their consumers.
Seize the opportunity
The GSMA has established a market-leading Rich Communication Service that is interoperable across all operators. is available now and offers richer yet simpler communication services. It is supported by a strong ecosystem: new mobile devices from the top Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) supplied with native clients; downloadable apps and a variety of architecture implementation options.
is a certification trade mark of the GSMA